Monday, October 27, 2008

Slyveira's guitar Academy and Genres of music!

Folks, When i was in pune for my graduation, i was associated with this amazing person (read the last part to know about hi, dont't scroll now). He was the lead guitarist fotr R.D. Burman for many years. The famous tunes we keep hearing in the songs like "Chura liya hai tumme jo dol ko" and Dum maaro dum are all played by him. i have never seen a person like him who is so full of life and always hillarious. He would always talk about music, life, love and to be able to see the lighter side of life. Through him, i really developed a understanding about how to appreciate good compositions. It does help when we know a little bit about how it must have been composed.

Menino Sylveira, a man possesssed! Sir if you happen to read this blog someday, this post is for you. I must tell you that you had a major influence on my life. I still remeber your words "Whatever you do in your life, there should be touch of class in it". Mediocrity shouldn't have a place within us.

In addition:

Couple of my friends (who are too lazy to put up a comment) have asked me whether i only listen to ghazals as i wrote so passionately about it..its not true. The genres of music i really appreciate are 1) Ghazals (only by jagjit singh), 2) Soft rock (Eagles), 3) Blues (Eric Clapton), Pop (MLTR and Savage garden), Country (John denver). Eagles are my all time favourite band. I think their compositions are exceptional and no one can match them ever, especially their songs like tequilla sunrise and hotel california. Among the new age bands, MLTR has really rocked. Their lyrics and compositions are touching, but driven by one man "Jashcha richter" who is the lead singer,lyricist and composer. I used to like Byran adms as well during my early teens, specially "Heaven". Rock on!

No comments: